REVIEW: Rohto HadaLabo AHA + BHA Foaming Wash


I almost never stick to a certain product since I constantly purchase new products out of curiosity and sheer shopaholic instincts. Maybe I will stop changing up my skincare products if I manage to find a set of holy grails for my daily skincare routine but till then!

Having said that, I have been using Hada Labo's AHA + BHA Foaming Wash for quiet a long while now and guess what? I actually like it enough that I bought a second unit.

I came to know this product while browsing Watsons (I spend wayyyy too much time there) for a new cleanser and what caught my eye was their "1 bottle sold every 2 seconds" advertisement. Yes, I am a marketer's dream, I am gullible and easily convinced. I also liked the pump and the fact that it was a foam instead of a cleansing gel or cream. 

I use this product twice daily and I normally use this product after removing my make up with my Biore cleansing oil, or if I am not wearing any make up, this will be the first product in my routine. 


It is important to note that the main ingredient of this cleanser is the AHA (Alphahydroxy Acid) and BHA (Betahydroxy Acid), as far as I am concerned, these two ingredient are particular beneficial for acne prone skin and its skin peeling effect but it is known to be drying to the skin and has garnered varying views for its uses. As it is a form of acid, some skins may have an allergic reaction to it but it is stated on the official Hada Labo website that this product is free of alcohol, fragrances, mineral oil and colorant. If your skin is particularly sensitive and would like to understand AHA and BHA in details, here is a really good explanation of these acids that may assist you in your understanding.
Review:
Even though my acne problems were bad when I started using this cleanser, my skin felt clean without feeling tight and dry after cleansing which was super important to me as it tends to hurt especially on the area of my forehead if the cleanser was too drying. It also cleanses well, as I do not have any residue on my cotton pad when I apply toner on my skin after cleansing with this. Despite not having any issues while using this product, I do have to say that it does not seem to be improving my acne issues. 
P/S: I am looking at giving cleansing cream and gels another shot as I have had professional advice that foaming cleansers dries out the skin in the long run (even though I have not experienced it with this cleanser), will update on this! 
Pros:
Relatively inexpensive, not drying, cleanses thoroughly. 
Cons:
No drastic improvements in skin, AHA and BHA may cause reactions in some individuals.

Comments