DIY Yoghurt & Honey Mask

One of the side effects of consuming Accutane is the dryness that comes with it. Aside from cracked lips, my skin was also starting to feel really tight, dry and even flaky especially the area around my nose. It also itches a little when it starts to peel and instead of giving in to my animal instinct to scratch it, I constantly apply refrigerated Aloe Vera gel to soothe it. 

I have been using sheet masks frequently to intensify my skin's moisture level but sheet masks can be incredibly expensive which is why I gave this super simple DIY yoghurt and honey mask that I've been wanting to try. I have been using normal store bought pure honey for this which I think works just as well but if you are willing to invest in better quality, Manuka honey is highly recommended instead. Some people also mentioned including cinnamon in the mix as cinnamon is an effective anti-acne and anti-inflammatory agent, but my skin tingles and turns red when I use cinnamon, make sure your skin is not sensitive to cinnamon by applying a spot on your neck or cheek before including it in the mix and applying it entirely on your face.


That's really all you need. Just one table spoon of fresh yoghurt, and half a spoon of pure honey and voila! It evidently reduced the redness of my skin after leaving it on for 15 minutes before rinsing. My skin also feels good as the yoghurt was cold and I was not itching as much. 

You could make a bigger portion according to ratio and keep it refrigerated for up to 3 days but I am not a big fan of storing these natural darlings as I think it works best when it is fresh. Let's hope it'll help improve my skin in the long run as well!

Comments