Accutane Diary (Mile Acne - Day 20 / Week 3 on Accutane with Dr Ranjit)

I just got home from a trip to Chiang Mai (Northern Thailand) and I have still been consistently consuming my 10mg dosage of Accutane on a daily basis. My skin had a couple of pimples n my last day in Chiang Mai and I am not sure if it is the initial breakout phase that some people face or if it is out of lack of rest while travelling and the constant exposure to sunlight. Anyways, the side effects are really starting to kick in after day 15, the dryness is inevitable, my lower back is starting to feel a bit sore (or "sour" in mandarin) but I am not sure if it was from all the walking when I was in Thailand. My hair has also been really dry and I now have skin flaking of my scalp which is pretty similar to dandruff and it frustrates me so much but I am going to counter my dry hair with a coconut oil hair mask even more often now. However, I haven't felt down or depressed so far and hopefully it stays this way since some people claim that Accutane causes mild depression as well, but my research states otherwise.

****

Current skin condition at Day 20 on Accutane 10mg
My skin was not as red today but there are still very noticeable bumps on my forehead that cannot be seen as clearly here. 
Side Effect Symptoms: Dry lips, area around nose is dry and starting to peel, dry hair and flaky scalp, (mild) sore lower back.
Solutions
Lips
DayBioglo Nourishing Protective Day Balm (from Cosway) and my trusty Burt Bee's Lip balm with Pomegranate oil
Night Benifex Paw Paw Papaya Ointment (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - wake up to plump lips) or as recommended by friends, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

FaceOrganic Pure Camellia Oil on dry areas 
HairExtra Virgin Coconut oil as hair mask for at least 30 minutes before shampooing and Organic Pure Camellia Oil as leave in conditioner (Doesn't smell and isn't too oily)

Comments