Accutane Diary (Mile Acne - Day 30 / Week on Accutane with Dr Ranjit)

Okay.. I cheated. I am currently on day 33 as I was not feeling well enough to blog the past couple of days. I was working over the weekend which meant I had a full face of makeup on as below for 3 days. I think I have developed quite the skill in covering up my acne and I finally found my holy grail face primer (Banila Co. Hydrating Prime Primer), that allows my makeup to stay intact and my skin to remain dewy without feeling greasy! 



Anyways, my skin has its ups and downs the past week. I normally wake up with pretty clear skin (by clear I really mean little to no redness) but by the end of the day I see new red spots or old spots starting to be more apparent. I also had 3 new large pimples on my forehead and one above my upper lip this week that formed over a few days and I extracted one of them myself cause it was impossible to head to work in that condition. But as mentioned by Dr Ranjit before, extraction is completely okay as long as you do it properly and my skin also healed relatively quick since my skin dries up faster on Accutane. 

****

Current skin condition at Day 30 on Accutane 10mg


The bumps are slightly larger and redder than it seems on photo. 

My lips have been really really dry this week and my trustee Burt Bee's lipbalm was unable to keep my lips moist which is why I am now using my Benifex Ointment day and night. It really does the job! Unfortunately, I think it is only available in Australia cause I have not seen it in any pharmacist or beauty stores. Aside from that though, the side effects have been almost non-existent this week, my hair was dry but I went on for 3-4 days without washing my hair (I promise it is not as bad as it sounds) and it was not greasy at all and I had a streak of good hair days! No sore lower back this week as well, and I really hope things continue to remain like this.
Side Effect Symptoms: Very dry lips, dry hair.  
Solutions
Lips
Day & Night Benifex Paw Paw Papaya Ointment (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - wake up to plump lips) or as recommended by friends, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Face - Super Hyaluronic Acid + Bamboo Sheet Mask, Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing line, Organic Pure Camellia Oil on dry areas
You can check out the items in Amazon here:  
Hada Labo Rohto Mild Peeling Facial Bubble Washing Foam, 160ml,  
Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion, 170ml, 
Hada Labo Rohto Goku-Jun New Hyaluronic Cream, 50g 
Japanese ORGANIC CAMELLIA Seed Oil. 100% Pure / Natural / Undiluted / Refined / Cold Pressed Carrier Oil. Rich antioxidant to revitalize and rejuvenate the hair, skin and nails. 4 Fl.oz-120 ml.

Comments

  1. You are such beauty <3 if you have spare time please share your tips on make up (esp on covering acne) that'll be so much helpful I used accutane before, acne free for roughly 5months then came back like crazy so I hope to rely on make up but im such a noob in it haha thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, are you still on medication again then? I read that some people needs to go on the second accutane cycle to completely get rid of acne if your acne came back after your first cycle. And Thank you so much sweetie, its the makeup! haha and sure, I'll post up a makeup tutorial soon since I have some friends asking about it as well :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh, are you still on medication again then? I read that some people needs to go on the second accutane cycle to completely get rid of acne if your acne came back after your first cycle. And Thank you so much sweetie, its the makeup! haha and sure, I'll post up a makeup tutorial soon since I have some friends asking about it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how ur face condition ? still on theament at ranjit ? n how mny for costing theatment ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment