Accutane Diary Final Log - Before and After (Mild Acne - 6 months with Dr Ranjit)

I lost count of the number of days I've been on Accutane as I'm weaning off the medication gradually by taking the pills on alternate days instead of on a daily basis. I know Dr Ranjit asked me to head back to get my final month of Accutane after I complete the 5th box but he did mention that if I'm confident with my skin condition then I can gradually wean off on my 5th box. I'm currently taking a 10mg dosage every 3-4 days and still have a couple more before I'm completely done, I do want to note that my skin is starting to become oilier now that I'm weaning off but hopefully this is not a sign of a recurrence though.

Anyways I am so happy to say (but I hope I don't jinx it) that my skin has improved drastically over the past few months and the side effects went unnoticeable since about week 9 which also explains the lack of update cause there wasn't much to update on except my skin was gradually getting better and there were almost no signs of pimple or a zit since January. However, I did go for facial about twice over the past few months just to extract blackheads and all, they're less visible but still there and was advised by Dr Ranjit to get it extracted professionally before it turns into comodones and whatnot.

So here's me 6-7 months/5 boxes after my Accutane cycle


Looking back at photos from 6 months ago really made me realize how badly my acne affected my emotional and mental state. I truly hope my Accutane log will be able to provide you with some insight and help anyone who's struggling with their acne issues someway somehow and if you're already on the Accutane journey, be patient and don't give up. :)

Comments

  1. May i know how much it costs per box for 10mg? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it for RM230 per box of 30pills. :)

      Delete
  2. Will you recommend this despite all the side effects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end of the day, it is best that you advise a professional in the medical field and make your own decisions. However, all things aside, I would recommend it as long as you start with a low dosage and aren't looking to get pregnant in the next couple of years. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering that is it ok to go into the sun for a long time even with sunscreen protection? I heard that roaccutane can make your skin super sensitive to the sun which will easily get sunburn or taned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene :) I haven't encountered any problems with going outdoors and I play tennis under the hot sun on a weekly basis. The doctor didn't mention anything about getting sunburn as well, I think this depends on your type of skin rather than the on the medication? But again, you should advise the doctor if you do decide to take up Roccutane. :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to see dr ranjit tomorrow . Do i have to make an appointment before going or what ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you'll have to make an appointment cause the queue is crazy long and they don't take walk-ins unless you're lucky. :)

      Delete
  7. I think i have made a good decision by going on zenatane and myorisan AKA accutane. Wish i would have done it 15 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello..can i have ur number..i wanna ask u personally about this reaccutane..cos i have acne problem..so i think i should try this..since u already try this reaccutane..i think u are the best person should i refer..hope u dont mind or maybe u can add me at whatsapp +60172775831 ..tq

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello..can i have ur number..i wanna ask u personally about this reaccutane..cos i have acne problem..so i think i should try this..since u already try this reaccutane..i think u are the best person should i refer..hope u dont mind or maybe u can add me at whatsapp +60172775831 ..tq

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also went to dr ranjit to get the acne treatment but i don't get a box of pills as you get. I just get the pill in the packet..but need to take once per a day..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also went to dr ranjit to get the acne treatment but i don't get a box of pills as you get. I just get the pill in the packet..but need to take once per a day..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am on month 3, but just taking 30mg instead of both 30mg and 40mg, due to my trigs level insanely going high. My blood test came back to 1000+....ARRRRGHHH. Hope everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl :) woah 30 mg is really high! did you doctor recommend that dosage or did you request for it? and is it your daily dosage? I hope everything goes well for you sweetie, good luck!

      Delete
  13. Hello amanda :) did you do any scar/laser/facial or any sorts of treatment with dr ranjit other than consultation and taking medicine ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi amanda. Im planning to meet dr ranjit regarding my acne problem. I have read you journey with roaccutane and it works! But may i know how you fade the scars? Do you use any cream or doing laser?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.เสริมจมูก

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello there Amanda.... im currently visiting Dr Ranjit and im on my 6th month on Roaccutane, which im taking on an everyday basis. I been collecting the meds on the counter actually. Will he give you another box to wean you out of it? Please advise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment